Install, configure, and support an organization’s local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system. Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability. May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption. May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software. May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists. May administer network security measures.
IT Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a IT Specialist to join our team.
- Establish and maintain vendor relationships;
- New Hire Provisioning and Reporting;
- Proactively monitor, analyze and troubleshoot issues;
- Preparing Helpdesk Reports and Metrics;
- Set-up, configure, upgrade, and maintain all laptops, desktops;
- Respond to user inquiries;
- Escalate security issues according to company policy;
- HelpDesk Tickets L1/L2 (Monitor off hours via Email);
- Own, follow-up and drive problem resolution;
- Recommend and perform actions to correct problems;
- Endpoint Management & Compliance;
- Perform quality assurance when required;
- End user instruction and training.
- Microsoft Office 365 applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint;
- Good communication and support skills is important as well as being resourceful in troubleshooting and problem solving;
- Backup technologies: Carbonite;
- Remote access technologies (VPN, ZOOM);
- Energetic self-starter who shows personal initiative;
- Bachelor’s degree in related or equivalent experience preferred;
- Basic Networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, subnetting);
- Google Apps: Gmail, Google Drive;
- Experience working in a rapidly changing environment;
- At least 2 years of hands on IT Experience;
- Windows desktop OS, Windows10;
- MAC OSX Mostly Mac Environment;
- Device/Endpoint Management Technologies: Jamf / Mobile Iron,
- Additional experience using the following: Coupa, Linux, Jira/Confluence Administrator, AWS, Active Directory, BetterCloud, OKTA,
- Works well under pressure.