Assist scientists, technologists, or related professionals in building, maintaining, modifying, or using geographic information systems (GIS) databases. May also perform some custom application development or provide user support.
Technical Support Specialist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Support Specialist to join our team.
- Mentor junior team members;
- Actively participate in and lead team onboarding training sessions;
- Primary escalation point for the frontline global support team via chat, onsite, or ticketing system;
- Write clear, concise documentation for team members;
- Evaluate and recommend new software platforms and services;
- Deploy automated, self-service capabilities with tools like Jira and CrashPlan;
- Identify opportunities for business enablement through the smart use of technology;
- Manage, support, and provision business application in a cloud-based environment;
- Develop and implement guidelines for the deployment and management of systems and software.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Office 365 (User, Mailbox and policy management);
- Cloud-based call center/telephony systems (8×8 preferred);
- Experience in relevant technologies; Deploying and configuring desktop operating systems (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS);
- ConnectWise Service Board or other related Ticketing System;
- Exceptional customer service abilities;
- Understanding of network configurations and basic troubleshooting;
- Active Directory User and Group Management.