Develop and execute software test plans in order to identify software problems and their causes.
Software Quality Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Quality Engineer to join our team.
- Support the push for automation;
- Work closely with tech and non-tech teams to roll-out new features/products;
- Communicate test goals, priorities, plans, schedule, status, and results across leadership;
- Work closely with our Core development team in India;
- Identifies, documents, tracks Analyze defects;
- Documenting and visualisation of quality standards;
- Actively participate in design decisions to keep our platform future proof;
- Participate in Agile release planning for new ServiceNow feature and platform functionality, defect fixes, and platform optimization;
- Defining and executing test cases for Web and Mobile Apps;
- Performs thorough regression testing of resolved defects;
- Define a testing framework in compliance with ServiceNow other standards as applicable;
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Translates regulations and standards and bring them to consolidation in the organization and the Quality Management System;
- Participate in the maintenance, improvement and deployment of the Quality Management System;
- Advise upper management with respect to release for delivery of products;
- Participation in and verification off changes to DMR and release orders where Q&R involvement is needed;
- Review and Approval of designated project documentation in product creation projects;
- Sound knowledge of the basic functionality of our products;
- Self-motivated and autonomous;
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant knowledge domain, e.g.: Computer Science , electronics, Electrical or information technology;
- Good skills in reporting, both in writing and oral;
- At least a Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field preferred;
- Fluent speaker and writer in English;
- Knowledge of (software) processes and procedures;
- Fun to be around;
- Knowledge of external regulations and standards relevant for our products;
- 1+ years of relevant professional testing experience.