The Senior Test Engineer identifies functional problems and suggests resolutions. Interacts with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications. Being a Senior Test Engineer documents and analyzes test cases and provides feedback and recommendations for product or design changes. Defines internal quality control standards and the maintenance of reliability programs. In addition, Senior Test Engineer ensures testing procedures are in compliance with any required industry specific standards. Contributes to the development of improvements to overall testing and quality programs for improved results. May coordinate with vendors or suppliers to modify or develop testing for components or other parts. Requires a bachelor’s degree of Engineering. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Test Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Test Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Test Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join our team.
- Own System Test Plan;
- Prepare SQL quires to validate data between source and target;
- Validate OBIEE BI reports against source and DW data;
- Ensure all testing scenarios, Business Rules are tested;
- Plan, design and execute System Testing.
- Performing testing within Agile (Scrum, Kanban) teams;
- Further ISTQB certifications;
- Automated UI testing (setup and operate automated UI test suites);
- Coordination of test activities;
- Leading test execution;
- Jira (test setup, management, execution, reporting);
- Manual Testing;
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification (or similar);
- Engineering (MBD, CAD, …) products;
- Test reporting.