Software Quality Assurance Manager manages a software quality assurance team. Selects and utilizes tools and methodologies to ensure that software tests identify defects and comply with quality standards. Being a Software Quality Assurance Manager evaluates test results against expected results, implements improvements to process and recommends alternative testing as needed. Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts. Additionally, Software Quality Assurance Manager typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Reports to function manager. The Software Quality Assurance Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Software Quality Assurance Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Software Quality Assurance Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Quality Assurance Manager to join our team.
- Support relationships with 3rd party software and service providers involved in the infrastructure;
- Design and develop QA test automation/frameworks using Java or Python scripts;
- Define, deploy and manage processes and tools for automated test-driven development, and release management;
- Work with geographically distributed teams (different time-zones) while maintaining highest standards in collaboration and communication;
- Organize the team, define, design and implement SW operational processes to continuously integrate & deliver on time with high efficiency;
- Share in code and design reviews with agile team;
- Integrate 3rd party software components into existing software applications.
- 5+ years expertise in leading SW Deployment with (CI/CD) tools: Chef, Jenkins, Maven, Puppet, Ansible;
- 3+yr experience in in Agile development methodologies;
- Willingness to travel (<10%);
- 3+ years of experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, Scala or Python, and scripting languages;
- Excellent communication skills with direct team members as well as external teams and stakeholders;
- At least 3+ years of experience leading and managing SW QA/release teams in an Agile environment;
- Ability to drive the hiring process and nurture/mentor others in the team;
- A can-do attitude in anticipating and resolving problems to help your team to achieve its goals;
- 5+ years in AWS/Azure (IaaS & PaaS) technologies such as EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, Route 53, S3, Cloud Formation.