The Area Sales Manager designs and recommends sales and marketing programs and sets short- and long-term sales strategies. Manages and directs a sales force to achieve sales and profit goals within a district. Being an Area Sales Manager typically reports to a regional sales manager. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area. The Area Sales Manager supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. Working as an Area Sales Manager typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Area Sales Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Area Sales Manager to join our team.
- Maintain effective and proper relationship with sales team ensuring working discipline and compliance with company ethics policy;
- Recruitment / Staffing;
- Successfully drive the assay maximization strategies working closely with Field application specialists;
- New Product Sales Achievement;
- Capture and provide market data / intelligence on new products (pre & post launch);
- Realizing the responsibility of the entire zone, you have to properly operate the sales and operations of all the branches;
- Local Knowledge;
- Team handling;
- Creating a system and process for own region;
- Ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction as well as upsell and cross sell potential within existing customers to maximise share of wallet;
- Coordinating pre-sales and post-sales follow up;
- Accurate Sales forecasting;
- Business development: develop new business opportunities and partnerships with customers;
- Setting up strong distribution;
- Retail development.
- Recruitment / Staffing;
- Convincing Skills;
- Agriculture / Dairy;
- Agriculture graduate with MBA from reputed institutes;
- interpersonal skills;
- Selling Skills;
- Flair for selling;
- Aggressive for meeting targets/deadlines;
- Strong track record of selling concept based premium products in healthcare segment;
- Capable to find out the market leads, and connect with the leads to get orders;
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in handling direct sales in leading seed companies;
- Willing to travel extensively in rural areas to develop brand/product and serve farmers;
- Looking for personal long-term growth;
- Communication skills;
- Having good understanding & knowledge of vegetable seed markets and competitions.