Plan, direct, or coordinate the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer. Coordinate sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals and establish training programs for sales representatives. Analyze sales statistics gathered by staff to determine sales potential and inventory requirements and monitor the preferences of customers.
Regional sales manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Regional sales manager to join our team.
- Develop individual development plans for each team member and makes sure that all personal development goals are achieved;
- Understand competitive landscape and market dynamics and provide necessary feedback to product teams;
- Building and managing a high performing team by providing strong mentorship, coaching and guidance;
- Market Intelligence-Competitors analysis, new product information;
- Defining best practices, metrics and goals and leading the Customer success teams towards achieving these;
- Assure consistent usage of Study Group sales methodology across the whole team;
- Organising data and generating deep customer insights in order to enhance sales force productivity and effectiveness;
- Ensuring proper use of the database and tools to track performance;
- Work with marketing on pricing/competitor insights and product/centre scoping;
- Key account management;
- Driving sales objectives and achieving commercial budget and targets;
- Identify OD specific opportunities and highlight to Regional or Area Director and Sales Director (Product);
- Lead from the front to motivate the team through regular team meetings and On-the-job trainings;
- Developing and driving sales productivity and ensuring targets for the region are met.
- Should have sold On Premise license and subscription model;
- Preferable to have Solution Selling experience;
- Should have Knowledge on Competitors ERP product – High level product features & pricing;
- Should have closed & billed a minimum of US $ 1-2 million Annual targets each year in the last 2 years;
- CRM knowledge, preferably salesforce.com;
- Must possess strong regional presence;
- Deep understanding of broadband networks;
- Strong client relationship skills;
- Minimum 3 years of experience as State Head/Regional Head/Zonal sales managers / Business Head ( preferred );
- Tertiary educated, preferably from a university in the UK / EU or similar experience;
- Strong leadership skills;
- Master’s in Business Administration (Sales, Sales and Marketing)/B.E/BTECH/MCA to be preferred;
- Extensive Travelling;
- Strong negotiation and closing skills;
- Fluency in English, and ideally a second language.