The UI Developer I gathers requirements, creates specifications and develops code. Reviews, analyzes, and modifies programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and installing to support a graphical user interface for products and programs. Being an UI Developer I has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field (i.e., C, C++ language programming, XMotif programming interfaces and GUI API packages). Designs and writes codes to support existing applications. In addition, UI Developer I typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. Being an UI Developer I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as an UI Developer I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
UI Developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a UI Developer to join our team.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders;
- Conduct usability testing to resolve interface problems;
- Communicating and coordinating deliverables and workflows between cross-functional teams, the graphic designer, the HTML coder, and yourself;
- Innovate by refining, evolving and creating new features to improve the usability and functionality of our front-end applications;
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end;
- Design and develop intuitive user interfaces for web and mobile applications;
- Hands-on experience with front-end development;
- Incorporate a strong portfolio of UI/UX best practices;
- Identify Design and Coding problems and devise elegant solutions;
- A team player, able to help the team and focus on the success of the project;
- Develop quality mockups and prototypes;
- Develop user-friendly web pages, using markup languages like HTML, CSS, JavaScipt, D3, ReactJS, NodeJS, ExpressJS;
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Knowledge of a CSS-in-JS framework like styled-components is a plus.
- Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs;
- Personal projects that show aptitude and desire to create cool things;
- Version control system such as Git;
- Basic understanding of HTML, CSS;
- Team handling;
- Strong HTML+HTML5, Bootstrap, CSS+CSS3 skills, knowledge of JS and PSD to HTML conversion;
- Hands on experience with front-end frameworks like Bootstrap, Foundation;
- Basic knowledge about Repository Pattern;
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and high pressure;
- Experience with at least one of web template frameworks, such as Twig/JSX;
- Professional, precise communication skills;
- Experience in wire framing, UI/UX design is a plus;
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies;
- Good understanding of layout aesthetics and SEO principles.