Technical Support Analyst I provides technical support to system users and customer support staff. Evaluates user needs, defines technical problems, and works with engineering/development staff to determine solutions. Being a Technical Support Analyst I assists customer in implementing solutions. Performs ongoing activities to maintain and enhance overall system performance. Additionally, Technical Support Analyst I typically requires bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to a project leader or manager. The Technical Support Analyst I works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. To be a Technical Support Analyst I typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Technical Support Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Support Analyst to join our team.
- Create and contribute to the development of knowledge articles in Coupa’s knowledge-base;
- Providing 2nd level support on technical issues;
- Proficiently handles service requests and escalations within guidelines across Severity levels;
- The ability to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems in a clear and simple way to customers;
- Committed and believes in providing quality customer service;
- Coordinate with the Operations teams on deployment and patch management;
- 2nd level support on Business Event Monitoring of customer production environments;
- Work with other business units, including the Integration team, Operations, and Customer Success, as required ensuring strong customer satisfaction;
- A fast learner, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Work with other business teams including Dev, QE, Operations, and Customer Success as required.
- Skilled in using XML, HTML and other Web technologies;
- Understanding of Procurement domain will be an added advantage;
- Ability to read database tables using SQL queries, and log files thus enabling effective troubleshooting and fast resolution of customer issues;
- Willing to work in a 24×5 environment including On-call support for weekends;
- Technical background in Linux, Unix and other Operating Systems;
- Understanding of Web servers, Application servers and Databases (preferred);
- Good Knowledge of SQL scripting;
- Experienced working directly with external customers in a technical support environment ideally in an enterprise software or SAAS company;
- Must be a fast learner, self-motivated, and able to work in a fast-paced environment with atleast 4 to 6 years of Enterprise support experience;
- Experience using CRM and/or issue tracking tools like Salesforce;
- Knowledge and understanding of scripts will be an added advantage;
- Strong communications skills – Written & Verbal – have experience working with International customers over phone calls and remote sessions.