Security Service Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Service Engineer to join our team.
- Facilitate implementation of established plans and procedures;
- Coordinate with internal and external business partners and security teams at a deeply technical level;
- Drive enhancements at every level of the OSI model to improve detection, response, and remediation;
- Communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences, orally and in-writing, in an easily understood, authoritative, and actionable manner;
- Rapidly react to changing situations and develop new plans based on recent discoveries;
- Analyze potential security issues and develop investigation and resolution plans.
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent industry experience;
- Strong comprehension of security trends and emerging threats to calculate risk and drive proper courses of action towards incident remediation;
- Experience with cloud-hosted services, web-based applications, and server/service management features;
- Demonstrated ability to understand and communicate technical details with varying levels of management;
- An ability to work well under pressure while maintaining a professional image and approach;
- Demonstrated success in dealing with ambiguity and problem definition under timeline constraints;
- Relevant industry certifications are a definite plus (CISSP, Cisco, GIAC, etc.);
- Scripting and/or coding capabilities (PowerShell, Python, C#, etc.);
- Relevant industry certifications are a definite plus (CISSP, Cisco CCNA, GIAC -GCIH/GCFA, CEH, etc, etc.);
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in security investigations, threat detection & analysis, security program management, and/or incident response;
- Familiarity with developer environment tools like Github/Visualstudio/TFS to share code, track work. etc. would be a plus;
- Ability to work collaboratively with engineering teams to drive architectural changes that improve the stability and security of each environment;
- Strong working knowledge of security controls such as encryption, AuthN/AuthZ, PKI, HIDS, NIDS, etc;
- Experience with common forensic toolsets such as: FTK, EnCase, KANSA, RedLine, Volatility, etc;
- Strong scripting and/or coding skills (particular, PowerShell, Python, or C#).