The Sr Engineer oversees the design, development, implementation, and analysis of technical products and systems. Typically performs multiple engineering-related tasks in various assignments within the organization. Being a Sr Engineer may guide and train less experienced engineers. Has broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assists in the resolution of complex problems. In addition, Sr Engineer requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Sr Engineer contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Sr Engineer typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Sr. Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sr. Engineer to join our team.
- Good Agile citizen – identify dependencies on other modules and teams and flag them early;
- Good developer habits – unit testing, reviews and high bar for quality;
- Technical ownership of a module;
- Create task break down and estimate effort in module;
- Make good design choices and identify code smells;
- Developing server side functionality using Java and J2EE.
- Deep understanding of Linux;
- Creating modules for general use and mentoring team members to use it;
- Experience with building the infrastructure for serving the front-end app and assets;
- Experience with app server and web server such as any of these (Apache, JBOSS, Jetty, Tomcat and Nginx);
- Bachelors or Master s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MS or related field;
- Ability to work in a global team, with multiple stakeholders across functions and geographical regions;
- Professional development experience on AS/400 platform;
- Experience working with SQL(Oracle/MySQL etc) and non-SQL databases. Optimization of queries and troubleshooting db issues;
- Proficiency with core Java, Spring, JPA and J2EE;
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability;
- Strong in Computer Science fundamentals and core areas like Problem Solving, Data Structures, Algorithms and Complexity Analysis;
- Experience with code refactoring and unit testing.