Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Staff Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Staff Accountant to join our team.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable processes;
- Assist with regular bank reconciliations;
- Keep sensitive information confidential;
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department; working on special projects and ad hoc analysis as management requests;
- Research, track and restore accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies;
- Constantly update job knowledge;
- Work closely with clients and vendors to ensure timely settlement of account balances;
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner;
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records;
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database; e.g. employee reimbursements and vendor bills;
- Provide assistance and support to company personnel;
- Function in accordance with established standards, procedures and applicable laws.
- No physical or other limitations that would impede working on a computer for up to 8 hours;
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability multitask in a fast-paced environment;
- Keen attention to detail;
- Good spelling, grammar, and communication skills are a must;
- 2 to 5 years of working experience;
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting systems – QuickBooks experience a must;
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in accounting or finance.