The Senior Accountant ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Senior Accountant analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Prepares complex balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Senior Accountant may supervise and guide lower-level accountants. Requires a bachelor’s degree. May require CPA certification. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Senior Accountant contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Senior Accountant typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Accountant to join our team.
- Record all the transactions diligently in the Tally ERP financial system;
- Checking of accuracy of Salary Sheets, Salary deductions, processed by HR & then accounting it through relevant Software;
- Preparation of Monthly Statements, Drawing Power Analysis, Quarterly Information Statements required by banks;
- Preparation of Data and replies in response to income tax scrutiny notices;
- Handle all GST, TDS, Annual filing and accounting related work;
- Develop financial policy manual & SOP;
- Ensuring basic statutory compliances;
- Handling of payroll related audit queries. Processing F&Fs, PF, ESIC, Salary TDS of all employees through relevant software & HRMS;
- Prepare P&L, balance sheet, final accounts (if needed);
- Take responsibility and ownership of your team’s projects;
- Allocate appropriate tasks to your team members and manage it;
- Prepare training documentation and manuals;
- Communicate with your international clients;
- Handle bookkeeping for US and UK clients;
- Develop good relationship with your clients.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process;
- All Accounting Packages;
- Extensive GST Knowledge Must;
- Expert level proficiency in of the Tally ERP-9, and MS Excel;
- Record of building high performing teams;
- US GAAP and India ledger accounting;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Large accounting software package expertise (Oracle financials);
- Prepare financial statements as per IGAAP & IND AS;
- Take care of Audit, GST related recons coming up due amendments in Law Qualifications;
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables;
- Big 4 experience will be an advantage;
- Proven 3+ years of experience as a , , chief or senior accountant;
- Accounting Bills Receivable Bank Reconciliation Bills Payable Banking Billing.