The Junior Accountant ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Assists in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded. Being a Junior Accountant assists in analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Compiles financial data to aid more senior accountants in the preparation of balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. In addition, Junior Accountant requires a bachelor’s degree. May require eligibility to sit for CPA exam. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Junior Accountant works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Work is closely managed. Working as a Junior Accountant typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Junior Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Junior Accountant to join our team.
- GST Compliance;
- Data maintenance;
- Payment collection;
- Billing, Bank Reconciliation, Ledger Accounting;
- Should be ready to manage outside work related to document submissions in bank’s, logistic companies, local suppliers etc;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel is must;
- Prepare and file local compliance reporting as necessary;
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements and general ledgers;
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements;
- Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing;
- Post journal entries for accrued expenses and revenue;
- Maintain and record fixed assets.
- Two wheeler vehicle (Preferred);
- Accounts Management: 2 years (Required);
- GST / TALLY: 1 year (Required);
- Job Types: Full-time, Part-time;
- At-least 2-3 years’ experience.