Software Senior Engineer – Data Engineering Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Software Senior Engineer – Data Engineering to join our team.
- You explore and operationalize new scalable technology in zeotap;
- You are able to adapt and use emerging technology;
- You complete all the awareness trainings assigned on time;
- You adhere to zeotap’s company, privacy and information security policies and procedures;
- You are able to work on diverse technologies in Bigdata and Event Processing;
- You handle escalations and customer issues from time to time;
- You behave as a consultant to internal stakeholders and help design a creative solution for our customers;
- You need to mentor junior developers;
- You take complete responsibility for the feature/module;
- You design, develop and implement products and modules considering aspects of performance, scalability and fault tolerance.
- Must have very good problem-solving skills and clear fundamentals of DS and algorithms;
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems and design is a huge plus;
- Good knowledge of scalable technologies involving Bigdata technologies;
- Expert coding skills in Go or Python is a huge plus;
- Apache Spark or other Bigdata stack experience is a mandatory;
- Deep understanding of any OLTP, OLAP, NoSQL or Graph databases is a huge plus;
- Expert coding skills in Java or Scala;
- High level and low-level design skills;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in information systems, computer science or other related fields is preferred;
- 4+ years of experience in building and deploying high scale solutions;
- Hands-on with Streaming technologies like Kafka, Flink, Samza etc is a huge plus.