Lead Data Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Data Engineer to join our team.
- You take complete responsibility for the feature/module;
- You design, develop and implement products and modules considering aspects of performance, scalability and fault tolerance;
- You need to mentor junior developers;
- You are able to adapt and use emerging technology;
- You explore and operationalize new scalable technology in zeotap;
- You complete all the awareness trainings assigned on time;
- You are able to work on diverse technologies in Bigdata and Event Processing;
- You adhere to zeotap’s company, privacy and information security policies and procedures;
- You handle escalations and customer issues from time to time;
- You behave as a consultant to internal stakeholders and help design a creative solution for our customers.
- Able to design from system to low level;
- Expert coding skills in Go or Python is a huge plus;
- Clear fundamentals of DS, algorithms and problem solving;
- Hands-on with any Streaming technologies like Kafka, Flink, Samza;
- Demonstrated experience of excellent tuning, troubleshooting skills;
- Deep knowledge of distributed systems and design;
- Apache Spark or other Bigdata stack experience is a mandatory;
- Deep understanding and production experience of any OLAP, NoSQL or Graph databases;
- 6+ years of experience in building and deploying high scale solutions;
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in information systems, computer science or other related fields is preferred;
- Expert coding skills in Java or Scala.