Director Data Engineering Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director Data Engineering to join our team.
- Participate in product design and development activities supporting Near’s suite of location intelligence products;
- Develop/operationalize data science models in application contexts;
- Designing and implementing our data processing pipelines for different kinds of data sources, formats and content for the Near Platform;
- Developing techniques to analyse and enhance both structured and unstructured data.
- Must have worked with distributed data processing frameworks – Apache Spark, Apache Flink or Hadoop;
- Preferably to have worked with microservices;
- Understanding of distributed system fundamentals;
- In-depth understanding & experience in big data technologies (Kafka, Cassandra, HBase, Spark);
- We are looking for an engineer with Bachelor’s/Master’s degree;
- Passion for learning new technologies;
- Exceptional problem solving, analytical and organisation skills with a detail-oriented attitude;
- Must have built data processing framework;
- Knowledge of frameworks & distributed systems, good at algorithms, data structures, core java, design pattern;
- Overall 8-13 years of experience with at least minimum 4 years working experience on any Data driven company/platform.