Design and implement radio frequency identification device (RFID) systems used to track shipments or goods.
Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Technical Support Engineer to join our team.
- Familiar with Citrix and other application publishing/deployment technologies;
- Knowledge of web technologies (Apache preferred);
- Requirement gathering;
- Work on collating the data required for on call reports;
- Walk customers through the process of installing the software on their machines and starting up the program for the first time;
- Make decisions quickly, often with limited information;
- Document resolutions provided and share with the team;
- Scheduling meeting’s or remote sessions to resolve few issues whenever it’s required / Necessary;
- Maintaining a bug sheet faced by clients and understand the reason of resolution;
- Liaison with the internal functions including Customer Success, product management, product engineering and other service functions;
- Handling all Technical support / remote installation of the software products of Company (dealing with Indian International clients);
- Submits complete and correct bug reports in area of expertise. Advocate for customers in engineering roadmap planning;
- Refer difficult cases to a senior analyst or support tech;
- Extending expert technical assistance to customers in case any Trouble Ticket gets escalated for high end resolutions;
- Ensure coordinating with inter, intra teams and clients to setup activities and calls as required.
- Good in computer knowledge especially E-mails, MS Word, Excel, PPT;
- Should have knowledge of the Internet;
- Good English Communication;
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills;
- Knowledge of monitoring tools and packet analyzers like Wireshark and sniffer will be added advantage;
- Promotes and solicits ideas within project team(s);
- Demonstrated history of strong analytical and troubleshooting skills;
- Total 1 – 5 yrs Industry experience;
- Comfort with working in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment;
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal;
- Ability to handle critical customer issues/problems;
- Knowledge and experience in MIS reporting, MS Office, CW Tool;
- Understanding of Big data, Hadoop Ecosystem, MapR and Hive a big plus;
- Experience 0-6 months.