Senior Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Technical Support Engineer to join our team.
- Work directly with customers via phone and trouble tickets to resolve hosting service related issues;
- Write technical articles for the knowledge base;
- If you prove yourself to have the managerial abilities, you will be act as supervisor / team leader for a shift/team;
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving technical issues raised by the end users over our client’s ticketing system or chat;
- Act as mentor for Level I staff.
- B.Tech / B.E in Computer Science / IT / ECE;
- Good understanding of netfilter/iptables;
- Nice to have experience with Apache, Litespeed, CentOS, Nagios, Cacti, DNS, hosted services, MySQL, R1soft, WordPress, cPanel;
- Strong written communications skills in English language;
- Certifications like RHCE, CCNA, MCSE, MCP, RHCT etc are preferable;
- Windows/Linux/Unix system administration skills;
- Knowledge of relational databases including a database query language;
- Prefer some programming experience (particularly Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, PHP, HTML, MySQL);
- Excellent customer management and communication skills;
- Good knowledge in Web Servers, NFS, DNS, NIS, MTAs;
- Good knowledge on shell scripting;
- TCP/IP networking & troubleshooting;
- Good knowledge of network design – Working with Firewalls, DNS, Load Balancers;
- Hands on experience with control panels like cPanel, Plesk, Ensim, H-Sphere, Direct Admin, dotNetPanel etc;
- Min 2 years experience as a technical support engineer.