ETL Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a ETL Engineer to join our team.
- Interact with end users/clients and translate business language into technical requirements;
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems;
- As a ETL Engineer in our team, you should have a proven ability to deliver high quality work on time and with minimal supervision;
- Participate in data pipelines health monitoring and performance optimisations as well as quality documentation;
- Developing new data pipelines and ETL jobs for processing millions of records and it should be scalable with growth;
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for complex, large scale data analysis;
- Manipulate and analyse complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources using a variety of tools and data analysis techniques;
- Pipelines should be optimised to handle both real time data, batch update data and historical data.
- 2+ years of working with Python with exposure to various warehousing tools;
- In-depth working with any of commercial tools like AWS Glue, Ta-lend, Informatica, Data-stage, etc;
- Hands-on with traditional databases and ERP systems like SyBase and People-soft;
- Experience in various DevOps practices helping the client to deploy and scale the systems as per requirement;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with other developers and business client;
- Experience with various relational databases like MySQL, MSSql, Oracle etc. is a must;
- Experience with analytic and reporting tools (Tableau, Power BI, SSRS, SSAS);
- 2+ years experience working in software development & data pipeline development for enterprise analytics;
- Knowledge of Logistics and/or Transportation Domain is a plus.