The Character Animator uses various methods to communicate the organization’s efforts through an assortment of freehand artwork. Provides drawings or animations used in advertising, illustrating ideas and promotional efforts to amuse audiences or to meet other needs. Being a Character Animator may require a bachelor’s degree. May prepare artwork for printing or mass production. In addition, Character Animator typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Being a Character Animator work is closely managed. Works on projects/matters of limited complexity in a support role. Working as a Character Animator typically requires 0-2 years of related experience.
Character Animator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Character Animator to join our team.
- Work closely with our global studios to create immersive game experiences;
- Help improve animation pipelines;
- Using motion capture data as a base, create stunning animations that are fluid, responsive, and cinematic;
- Implement, troubleshoot and debug animation systems;
- Organize and accurately estimate animation tasks;
- Troubleshoot and solve animation issues with all departments;
- Meet set deadlines with completed and fully realized animations;
- Produce high quality character animations;
- Rig and animate characters and props for interactions;
- The ability to effectively collaborate with game designers and programmers;
- Implement animation assets into game engine and iterate as needed;
- Comfortable receiving or giving critiques;
- Adapt to technical dependencies and engine limitations.
- Thrive to learn constantly and be receptive to the changes;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work closely with members of our global teams;
- Bring innovation and resolution to technical problems and challenges throughout production;
- Exceptional skill in animating the human figure to create realistic character animations with motion capture data;
- Be able to manage own self and be a team player;
- Strong understanding of development issues in getting animations into a game;
- Outstanding demo reel;
- Bachelor’s degree in Art / Animation or equivalent Animation Courses;
- Positive, solution-orientated individual, with deep-rooted interest in video games, and game development;
- Experience working with deadlines, and a deadline driven mentality to complete your work;
- Online portfolio showcasing professional and personal animation work;
- At least 2 years of experience in game development animation;
- High degree of self-motivation and discipline;
- Adapt to technical dependencies and engine limitations;
- Extensive knowledge in Maya or 3DS Max.