Create special effects, animation, or other visual images using film, video, computers, or other electronic tools and media for use in products or creations, such as computer games, movies, music videos, and commercials.
3D Artist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a 3D Artist to join our team.
- 3D model high poly hard surface props;
- Make sure art meets VR specs and works effectively inside of the game engine;
- Create UV layouts and textures for PBR game rendering;
- Create low poly versions of props ready for VR game engines.
- Experience with high to low poly pipelines for games;
- Must be able to present a portfolio of previous 3D artwork;
- 3+ years of working experience in the field of 3D prop art for games or films;
- Must be able to UV map and texture models (preferably for PBR rendering);
- Ability to prioritise, hit deadlines, and maintain consistent productivity in a fast-paced environment;
- Demonstrated ability to define and drive art processes in a group setting, including giving, receiving, and internalising critical feedback;
- Well-rounded understanding of hard-surface modelling;
- Proficient with at least one of the major 3D packages (3DS Max,Maya, Modo, or Blender);
- Strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and a proactive nature.