First Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a First Engineer to join our team.
- Trains personnel assigned to his engine watch;
- Assigns maintenance and repair duties to his dependent personnel and actively supervises overhaul and repair work;
- Relieves the Staff Engineer in case emergency;
- Ensures presence on board whenever the Staff Engineer is absent;
- Attends all cocktail parties and social and entertaining functions where his presence is required by the Master;
- Controls the proper disposals of all refuse, rags etc. to avoid fire and other hazards.
- Basic Safety Training Certificate including Advanced Fire fighting experience and Swimming & Rowing competence;
- USA VISA if in possess;
- Extensive Successful Experience in a similar position within Cargo or Other Cruise Company;
- Meet the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the ship regarding health & physical requirements;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard;
- Certificate of Competency IMO STCW Cap III/2;
- Basic Windows based programs knowledge;
- Satisfy the requirements of STCW regarding certification for this position;
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional language is considered an advantage.