Design strategies for enterprise database systems and set standards for operations, programming, and security. Design and construct large relational databases. Integrate new systems with existing warehouse structure and refine system performance and functionality.
Database Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Database Architect to join our team.
- Monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting the performance of MySQL instances;
- Data modeling Oracle schema/tables/indexes etc objects;
- Design, build, deploy, and maintain production-stable ETL data pipelines;
- Administrate and configure Oracle instances;
- Coordination within team for customer excellence;
- Automate Oracle maintenance jobs with Linux shell scripting;
- Upgrade, security patch, and maintain MySQL instances;
- Create and manage Oracle user/application accounts;
- Automate MySQL maintenance jobs with Linux shell scripting;
- Backup and restore MySQL instances;
- 24 by 7 production support Cassandra/Oracle/MySQL platforms;
- Backup and restore Oracle database, datafiles and tables;
- Providing architectural directions;
- Build and maintain data replications cross multiple Oracle instances;
- Cloud migrations and infrastructure buildup.
- Database Architecting-L3 (Mandatory);
- Minimum 3 years experience in MySQL database administration required;
- Minimum 5 years of database administration experience;
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related industry or equivalent training and experience;
- 5+ years of experience in data modeling and architecture;
- Hands-on experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases;
- Deep knowledge of database approaches and pro-tips;
- 5+ years building scalable data pipelines and ETL;
- Bachelors degree in engineer (BE) related field from a renowned institution. Masters degree preferred;
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing service;
- Experience with Spark and Hadoop a plus;
- Experience with Cassandra or Redis will be highly desirable;
- World-class SQL skills;
- Must be expert in MySQL Database Administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, backup/recovery and database security;
- Must have experience with some public cloud provider. Google Cloud Platform preferred; but not mandatory.