Develop, create, and modify general computer applications software or specialized utility programs. Analyze user needs and develop software solutions. Design software or customize software for client use with the aim of optimizing operational efficiency. May analyze and design databases within an application area, working individually or coordinating database development as part of a team. May supervise computer programmers.
Application developer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Application developer to join our team.
- Identifying/troubleshooting application code-related issues; and reviewing and providing feedback to the final user documentation;
- Participating in code reviews and ensuring that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications;
- Estimating the level of programming effort required for projects and managing to those estimates;
- excellent in HTML/CSS, knowledge of at least one JS framework is favorable;
- Shift: Should be flexible in case of critical releases;
- Provide technical support to business users of above systems;
- Beginner to Intermediate level with SQL programming in SQL Server;
- Basic knowledge of Design Patterns, Algorithms, and Data-Types and open-source libraries;
- 1 – 3 years of real industry experience as a full stack developer;
- Maintain and refactor an existing code base;
- Write clear technical documentation;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field;
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills;
- Offer design expertise and quickly offer prototype design options to stakeholders, c reating visual prototypes to illustrate user experiences;
- Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to user interface or new technologies.
- Familiar with job scheduling tools like Control-M, Autosys;
- Ability to write sql queries is desired;
- Must have a professional attitude and be able to work effectively in a team environment;
- Should posses good experience in Sharepoint 2010;
- Knowledge of Reference Data or experience in Investment bank would be a plus;
- Strong fundamentals in data structures;
- Proficient in ASP.Net (3.5, 4.0) and good in XML/XSLT and XPATH;
- Good team player, self-motivated individual with strong analytical, interpersonal, and communications skills (oral, written and interpersonal);
- Experience in application packaging, installing patches/upgrades and scripting;
- Experience in using Windows 2008 R2 server, Active Directory, SQL Server and IIS;
- Good experience in SharePoint development (2007, 2010, 2013);
- Good to have knowledge of Development tools (Ant, Maven, Hudson, Eclipse, Sonar etc);
- Strong working knowledge of Core Java or similar languages is desired;
- Shell scripting experience;
- Application Security and effective programming practices in Java.