Plan, direct, or coordinate activities in such fields as architecture and engineering or research and development in these fields.
Chief Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Engineer to join our team.
- Identify and introduce environmentally-friendly systems and equipment;
- Communicate with Housekeeping to coordinate and prioritize maintenance activities for Guest rooms and public areas;
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise;
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned;
- Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required;
- Prepare Capital and Repairs and Maintenance budgets for Engineering;
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs;
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers;
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses;
- Perform daily checks around the hotel;
- Is directly responsible for the operation of the engine room and any maintenance of machinery on board the vessel;
- Determines the volume of oil, fuel, water and lube required for each cruise and ensures that substantial quantities of each is on board;
- Ensures the disposal of sludge, bilge waters, oily waters and exhausted oils in accordance with national and international regulations;
- Maintains updated inventory for any spare parts, extra fuel and oil;
- Works closely with their primary assistant for general daily operations in the engine room.
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Previous experience of facilities management;
- Exposure to budgeting and basic accounting;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering;
- Ability to work on their own;
- A degree in Engineering or similar;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work on board;
- Excellent team management abilities;
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional European language is considered an advantage (Italian, Portuguese, German, Spanish and French);
- Master’s degree or Polytechnic degree of technical ship operations;
- Problem Solving;
- Possess a valid passport and when possible a seaman book copy.