Section Manager-Commodity Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Section Manager-Commodity to join our team.
- Ensures the quality of all stock, including monitoring of sell-by date and proper FIFO rotation of related stock;
- Retention and expansion of customer base through service level;
- Drives sales of Commodity area; fully responsible for department profit and loss, margin,shrinkage management and budgeted costs;
- Ensures execution of established safety, security, quality, and Commodity operationspolicies and procedures;
- Control and conduct stock take activities;
- Analyses commodity department KPI and trends and prepares action plans to leveragethe store’s commodity strengths and address areas of opportunity;
- Ensures staff is fully knowledgeable and up to date to clearly present the specificationsof own brand products to customers as applicable;
- Responsible for department layouts and standards;
- Stock loss prevention waste management;Ensure stock accuracy for all commodity departments;
- Controls and approves daily ordering DC Direct Supply and recommends adjustmentsor cancellation as planned;
- Ensure the control disposal and clearance of articles.
- Bachelor degree (in Agriculture, or Hospitality) is preferable;
- Leadership experience of 3-4 years of in Commodity Department in a reputablesupermarket, food service, or relevant.