Hairstylists offer a wide range of hair services, such as shampooing, cutting, coloring, and styling. They often advise clients, both male and female, on how to care for their hair at home. Hairstylists also keep records of products and services provided to clients, such as hair color, shampoo, conditioner, and hair treatment used. Tools include hairbrushes, scissors, blow dryers, and curling and flat irons.
Hairstylist f/m Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hairstylist f/m to join our team.
- Advise clients on hair care, recommend products and provide technical assistance;
- Sterilize and maintain equipment in good working condition;
- Provide specialised treatments including conditioning, bleaching, tinting and straightening hair;
- Ascertain and address customer requirements;
- Keep client records and schedule appointments;
- Attend hairdressing and cosmetics training and seminars to keep current on emerging techniques and products;
- Dry and style hair using combs, brushes, straightening irons and other equipment;
- Demonstrate customer rapport with clients;
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area;
- Perform reception duties including answering phone calls and enquiry emails;
- Assist other hairdressers with tasks as applicable;
- Cut hair using scissors, clippers and razors;
- Shampoo, condition and rinsing hair;
- Up-sell retail products and write up client record cards.
- Excellent grooming standards;
- Good Communication Skills;
- Previous experience in similar role;
- NVQ level 3 in hairdressing or equivalent;
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service;
- Positive attitude.