Formulate design concepts and presentation approaches for visual communications media, such as print, broadcasting, and advertising. Direct workers engaged in art work or layout design.
Art Director Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Art Director to join our team.
- Responsible for the quality of the finished good;
- Responsible for the art department budget and schedule of work, and help the production designer to maximize the money allocated to the department;
- Confer with clients to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques;
- Delegate projects to in-house designers and oversee storyboards;
- Help facilitate development of creative briefs and attend client meetings;
- Provides guidance, mentoring and teaching of techniques to art directors and writers;
- Troubleshooting design, staff, or process problems as they arise;
- Be accountable for your work, and for the design teams you will lead;
- Interact with Designers/Copywriters to develop creative concepts and executions of assigned product(s);
- Researches clients’ products/services/ image to ensure ability to create accurate, on -target concepts for assigned projects;
- Look for latest market ways to improve design department processes;
- Strives for ideas that go beyond the expected and tap into cultural trends and beliefs and also moves the consumer emotionally;
- Work closely with creative directors to schedule and monitor all projects and provide detailed direction to design teams;
- Assist in the education and development of designers;
- Present or oversee presentation of final concepts and coordinate production and dissemination for clients and stakeholders.
- Be able to see other people’s point of view and cope with criticism;
- Have a good eye for detail;
- Prior experience as an art director;
- Experience in graphic design with a supporting portfolio, more education, or industry-specific knowledge may be required;
- Willingness to meet deadlines within the allocated budgets;
- Receptiveness to feedback and adaptability;
- Master s degree from any reputed design school;
- Strong Interpersonal, time and project management, presentation, leadership, and communication skills;
- High level of accountability and motivation;
- Creativity and ability to delegate responsibilities.