Read transcript or proof type setup to detect and mark for correction any grammatical, typographical, or compositional errors. Includes proofreaders of Braille.
Content Editor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Content Editor to join our team.
- Proofreading, re-structuring and editing articles by content writers;
- Update our website and social media pages with new content;
- Monitor web traffic and user engagement (e.g. bounce rates);
- Proven work experience as a Content Editor, Web Editor or similar role;
- Improve illustration in collaboration with marketing and design teams;
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English;
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress);
- An effective writing style that is fresh, consistent and reader friendly;
- Propose copy, concepts and present underlying strategic thinking;
- Ability to write creative copy with innovative ideas;
- Ability to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude;
- Creatively construct the content with a proper blend of grammar and quality for blogs and articles;
- Work with writers to help their ideas and stories succeed;
- Collaborate with Marketing, PR and Customer Experience to develop a variety of content marketing materials.
- Basic knowledge of MS Office and Photo-shop;
- Strong English language skills and grammar;
- Passionate about content editing;
- Should have knowledge of UK/US English;
- Any Regular Bachelors or Masters (Preferably in English, Journalism, Mass Communication, and other related disciplines);
- Proofread websites as per the rules and guidelines provided by the customer;
- Minimum 1 – 4 years of experience in Copy Editing / Content Editing;
- 2+ years in copy-writing experience in Advertising / Community Building / Branding / Digital Agency(social sector experience a plus);
- Some full time work experience in-house with a PR firm or consumer brand managing media relations(strongly preferred);
- Should have a hawk’s eye in identifying errors and meticulous attention to detail in editing & proofreading;
- Highly motivated, with a good sense of what makes an interesting angle to a story;
- 6-7 years of proven working experience as an editor;
- Excellent understanding of news flow and organizational structure in Media houses;
- Sincere passion to change the world;
- Strong writing/editing/proofreading skills and an excellent portfolio.