Senior Product Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Product Support Engineer to join our team.
- Research, diagnose and troubleshoot application logs and identifying solutions to resolve customer issues;
- Provide second and third tier (L2, L3) product support via ticketing system, web meetings and calls;
- Constantly Improve Product Knowledge base to use internally and a FAQ;
- Resolve all customer issues in a timely manner. Provide professional and prompt communication on technical analysis;
- Work closely with Product, Engineering and QA teams to investigate complex issues and enhance the quality of existing products;
- Comply with the SLA for issue resolution;
- Mentor the team and help them in resolving issues quickly;
- Document and follow-up customer suggestions for continued improvements to Development Team;
- Taking ownership of escalated issues and seeing problems through to resolution.
- Experience in troubleshooting web applications on linux/unix environment deployed under tomcat;
- Bachelor or Masters (Computer Science / Electronics / Electrical / IT / Computer Applications / Software Engineering);
- Ability to mentor, assign and manage tasks for others;
- Database knowledge – SQL, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL;
- Experience in Programming / Scripting (Java, Perl, Shell, Python etc.) is a plus;
- Ability to troubleshoot the cause of technical problem in using software;
- 4 to 6 years of related product support experience on Java based applications from a tech-oriented software product.