The Sales Operations Manager oversees workflow of all business processing including preparation of reports, charts, and other statistics to support and direct the sales department. Manages daily activities of the operational sales support function. Being a Sales Operations Manager assists with budget management to ensure expenses meet target goals. Initiates and tracks orders to completion. In addition, Sales Operations Manager may assist in the hiring process. May handle and resolve more complex customer requests or complaints. Develops and implements promotional events and interacts with external dealers to increase sales volume. Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Leads and directs the works of others. Typically reports to the head of a unit/department. The Sales Operations Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. Working as a Sales Operations Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Sales Operations Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Sales Operations Manager to join our team.
- Monitor day to day sales operations and ensure consistent performance;
- Liaise with product marketing to manage and distribute content to various sales resources;
- Support On boarding Bootcamps, Enablement training & bi-annual Sales Kickoffs;
- Manage the annual planning processes, (i.e., development of the business plan, operating;
- Track our progress against our Annual Operating Plan (AOP) and identify/implement;
- Own development and execution of curriculum, certification strategy and content for inbound, outbound and tech sales resources;
- Manage enablement coaches that will be responsible for cadence, methodology and delivery of training and reinforcement sessions for target groups;
- the AOP;
- Support corporate and sales strategies and objectives;
- Develop training resources on Salesforce.com, Sales Process and Sales Tools;
- Marketing, Other Business Units) to drive alignment and execution on business goals within;
- Manage strategic initiatives on both an on-going and ad hoc basis, working collaboratively across the business;
- Work with the cross-functional Leadership team (i.e., across Sales, Product, Finance, and;
- Manage the sales enablement budget;
- Ensure that sales is prepared to effectively sell against the competition.
- Experience in team management, collaborating with cross-functional teams and leading;
- Significant experience in sales and marketing with preferred experience in training and/or education disciplines;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical contacts;
- Self-starter, reliable team player with ability to deliver projects on-time;
- Ability to conduct research studies, analyse data, and develop strategies;
- operational and strategic initiatives;
- Ability to work cross-functionally, with multiple teams and stakeholders;
- Extensive knowledge of sales with advanced leadership skills. Resolves critical issues and leads program development;
- 3+ years of Sales Operations experience in the technology industry, ideally with significant time spent in high growth environments;
- 3-4 years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, sales or sales;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively sell, lead teams and manage people;
- Ability to thrive in high-intensity, rapidly changing environment, and to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously with a sense of urgency;
- Strong technical knowledge and experience with Salesforce.comand its ecosystem, Certified Salesforce Administrator preferred.