Relationship Manager – Sales manages and maintains current business relationships and seeks new accounts through sales, marketing, and referrals. Requires a bachelor’s degree in area of specialty. Being a Relationship Manager – Sales typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department. The Relationship Manager – Sales supervises a group of primarily para-professional level staffs. May also be a level above a supervisor within high volume administrative/ production environments. Makes day-to-day decisions within or for a group/small department. Has some authority for personnel actions. Thorough knowledge of department processes. To be a Relationship Manager – Sales typically requires 3-5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor.
Relationship Manager – Sales Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Relationship Manager – Sales to join our team.
- Pursue all qualified prospects via cold calling and emailing;
- Close prospects over phone, email, and in-person;
- Schedule and perform virtual demos on a flexible schedule;
- Prospect, Demo, and Close new customers;
- Negotiate and draft contract rates and terms;
- Notify the sales team of new sales and cross-selling opportunities;
- Work quickly to address and resolve customer issues;
- Create strategies and work with clients to boost their brand;
- Create and enforce plans that will help meet the needs of customers;
- Become familiar with the competition to stay ahead of them;
- Help promote and maintain a positive company image;
- Build long-term relationships with clients and customers;
- Encourage high-sales and good customer service practices.
- A background in customer service or sales is a plus;
- Must understand customer relationship management;
- Ability to work well with others and lead a team;
- Strategic thinker and ability to analyze and solve problems quickly;
- Knowledge of math and numbers;
- Intuitive to customers needs;
- Attentive to detail and organized;
- Must be self-motivated, flexible and able to manage several jobs at one time;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships;
- Field Sales Executive;
- Must have experience in performing web/virtual demos;
- Startup experience is a plus;
- Good communication skills to be able to talk to customers;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities and varying deadlines;
- B2B sales.