Lead DevOps Engineer, Release and Deployment Automation Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer, Release and Deployment Automation to join our team.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly uptime and status reports for production and critical internal infrastructure;
- Co-develop the automation pipeline that is responsible in managing the configuration of different production environments;
- Prototype, design and develop tools that could release software changes with high velocity and confidence;
- Monitor and alert the DevOps and SRE teams based on system performance metrics, analysis of log files and custom alert rules;
- Research, evaluate and adopt next generation technologies;
- Enhance the automation pipeline to support multiple public cloud providers and Qualys owned private cloud providers.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field;
- Experience using log collection tools like Splunk or ELK stack;
- Good communication and documentation skills;
- 3+ years of leading a team of engineers in architecting, designing and developing release/deployment pipelines;
- Tenacious and aggressive troubleshooting skills;
- Experience with container orchestration technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery/Deployment and Agile practices;
- Good Linux system administrator skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals;
- Strong command of configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation in a large scale environment;
- 6+ years of experience in the field of data centreinfrastructure management (UNIX/Docker/ Kubernetes/ Microservices);
- Knowledge in working with relational databases like Oracle, MSSQL or Mysql;
- Experience with Blue Green Deployment to reduce downtime and risk, provide continuous deployment and fast rollback;
- Deployment of instances using virtualization technologies like VMware, Eucalyptus, KVM, Openstack.