Lead DevOps Engineer Container Orchestration Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead DevOps Engineer Container Orchestration to join our team.
- Design and implement required failover mechanisms within the Docker/Kubernetes ecosystems;
- Develop and maintain automated processes, tools, and documentation in support of Docker and Kubernetes container orchestration platform;
- Communicate effectively with the DevOps managers on release milestones, sprints and roadmap activities with respect to container orchestrations;
- Ensure uptime SLA for our SaaS infrastructure, services and applications as part of the global DevOps team;
- Assist development teams to migrate applications to Docker based PaaS platform;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues within the Docker and Kubernetes environment;
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers with a vision of achieving a truly scalable container orchestration platform;
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly uptime and status reports for production and critical internal infrastructure.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills;
- Must have knowledge of Linux kernel options such as control groups and defining application groups to restrict resources;
- Good Linux system administrator skills and TCP/IP network fundamentals;
- 3+ years of leading a team of engineers in architecting, designing and developing complex distributed systems;
- 6+ years of experience in the field of data centre infrastructure management (UNIX/Docker/ Kubernetes/ Microservices);
- Must have proven prior experience in managing a large K8S cluster and scaling it significantly at enterprise scale;
- Strong programming background in Java, Groovy, Python or Golang;
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Applied Math or related field.