Plan, implement, upgrade, or monitor security measures for the protection of computer networks and information. May ensure appropriate security controls are in place that will safeguard digital files and vital electronic infrastructure. May respond to computer security breaches and viruses.
Information Security Officer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Information Security Officer to join our team.
- Determine security violations and inefficiencies by conducting periodic audits of networks/servers;
- Create, test and implement network disaster recovery plans;
- Define the IT Security Policies/Frame Works and best practices;
- Upgrade system by implementing and maintaining security controls;
- Protect system by defining access privileges, control structures and resources;
- Test for compliance with security policies and procedures;
- Investigate available tools and countermeasures to remedy the detected vulnerabilities and recommend solutions and best practices;
- Analyze and assess vulnerabilities in the infrastructure (software, hardware, networks);
- Install, configure, monitor and respond to security system.
- Experience in developing and administering an information security program preferred;
- Familiarity with penetration test requirements and testing tools;
- Should have certifications for Information Security;
- Freshers may also apply only if they have relevant Security Certifications:- CEH, ECSA, CISSP, CISA, etc;
- Should be more on IT Side than Functional or Operational;
- Excellent documentation skills;
- Should have good knowledge of ethical hacking;
- Experience in Security Auditing, Monitoring, Firewall, IT Security Devices.