Plan, direct, or coordinate accounting, investing, banking, insurance, securities, and other financial activities of a branch, office, or department of an establishment.
Financial Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Financial Manager to join our team.
- Prepare or co-ordinate the preparation of financial statements, summaries, and other cost-benefit analyses and financial management reports;
- Recruit, organize, train and manage staff;
- Establish profitability standards for investment activities and handle mergers and/or acquisitions;
- Notify and report to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization’s financial performance;
- Develop and implement the financial policies, systems and procedures of an establishment;
- Act as liaison between the organization and its shareholders, the investing public and external financial analysts;
- Co-ordinate the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates;
- Supervise the development and implementation of financial simulation models;
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of an accounting, audit or other financial department.
- A bachelors degree in business administration, economics, commerce or a related field is required;
- Several years of experience in accounting, auditing, budgeting, financial planning and analysis or other financial activities are required;
- A masters degree in business administration (concentration in finance), or another masters level management program may be required;
- Accounting and audit managers may require a recognized accounting designation (CPA, CA, CPA, CMA or CPA, CGA).