Food & Beverage Director directs and oversees all aspects of the organization’s food and beverage planning and service, with duties to include menu planning and costs, preparation and presentation of food and drinks, and adherence to quality and safety standards. Plans, coordinates, and oversees special events. Being a Food & Beverage Director may identify marketing opportunities to promote food and beverage products. May require a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Food & Beverage Director typically reports to top management. The Food & Beverage Director typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. To be a Food & Beverage Director typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Director Of Food & Beverage Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Director Of Food & Beverage to join our team.
- Commits to maintaining awareness of new industry concepts and products that may positively affect the onboard products and operations;
- Willingly helps Senior Management analyze, develop, and implement new products and operational concepts;
- Dependably leads the Food and Beverage management team in regular operational inspections to ensure Company standards are met or exceeded;
- Ensures that customer service and product quality standards meet or exceed Hotel Policies & Procedures for every passenger interaction;
- Constantly analyzes current processes to identify areas of improvement’ develops long-term strategies to improve operational efficiency;
- Constantly monitors and promptly resolves all issues that affect shipboard Food and Beverage operations and the passengers’ cruise experience;
- Ensures all F&B staff is aware of and adhere to updates to applicable Food and Beverage policies and procedures;
- Report to the General Manager with monthly profit targets and achievements;
- Ensure maximum profit;
- Oversee all operations across multiple food and beverage outlets;
- Assist with recruitment and HR responsibilities;
- Liaise with outlet managers on a daily basis;
- Manage over 150 staff members within the food and beverage department.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Hospitality in a F&B Senior Management position;
- Proven experience within 5* luxury hotels & resorts;
- Ability to work independently and resolve complex issues from crew and management;
- Previous experience within a similar position (5-7 years);
- Extensive experience and knowledge in all aspects of hotel/cruise ship Food and Beverage operations;
- Strategic planner, with an innovative, hands-on, practical management approach;
- Ability to lead and motivate employees in pursuit of Company goals;
- Experience managing a variety of outlets;
- Graduate of a recognized hotel/catering/culinary school;
- Ability to effectively manage a successful profit centre.