Build and Release Manager – Chennai Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Build and Release Manager – Chennai to join our team.
- Collaborate with and educate engineers on proper use of build and source control systems;
- Support regular cadence of production updates and hotfixes for live service of multiple products across game platforms;
- Drive CI/CD pipeline, enforcing quality gates and paths as necessary;
- Build and maintain CI/CD as necessary, deployment systems to facilitate build automation and deployment of products and tools;
- Establish release process with necessary checks-points and responsible parties. Enforce checkpoint with accountability;
- Triage and troubleshoot live issues to resolution with attention to detail and optimization;
- Define release rhythms and schedules with milestones;
- Monitor services and infrastructure health with polling systems, and alert on KPI metrics;
- Work directly with talented engineers, QA testers, artists, and producers to ensure all release schedules stay coordinated and on time.
- Experience with Jenkins, Python, MSBuild, and Powershell preferred;
- Thorough understanding of SDLC;
- 5+ years of experience with build and continuous integration tools (DevOps) with best practices;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Developed CI/CD pipelines for Microsoft stack demonstrating solid understating of code repository, build, branch;
- 3+ years of experience owning the build lifecycle of multiple webserver applications with regular updates and live operation;
- 1 2 years of experience with Microsoft TFS;
- Familiar with Agile development processes;
- Ability to drive release process from, triage, bug-tracking and pushing teams for discipline in code-checkins, timely commits and code-quality;
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Information Science, IT, or similar.