Senior Software Technologist Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Technologist to join our team.
- Modifications to any existing databases with appropriate impact analysis;
- Installation, configuration, maintain and upgrading database server;
- Development and testing support – Helping programmers and engineers to efficiently utilize the database;
- DBAs must monitor the database performance and evaluate complex information coming from a variety of sources;
- Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures;
- Maintenance of Databases, regular maintenance and data cleanups;
- Implement and maintain database security (create and maintain users and roles, assign privileges);
- Integrity – Verifying or helping to verify data integrity;
- Review & deployment of Database end artifacts;
- Availability – Ensuring maximum uptime;
- Performance – Ensuring maximum performance;
- Suggest and implement service improvements for enhancing monitoring and alerting;
- Security – Defining and/or implementing access controls to the data;
- Define and apply authorized checks & validation procedures.
- Database Administration, Tuning, Management and Security;
- Must have strong knowledge and working experiences as Database Administrator Redshift, Postgres 9.5 and 9.6;
- Knowledge on Data governance;
- Must have knowledge of monitoring, troubleshooting and configuring Vertica, Postgres and Redshift;
- Redshift & Postgres will be an advantage;
- Python scripting or any scripting language;
- Assist in all phases of the configuration process required on the servers.