Senior Software Engineer – Sustenance Engineering Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Software Engineer – Sustenance Engineering to join our team.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance, mentorship to team members. Participate in hiring processes;
- Understand and fulfill enhancement requests received via customer use-cases;
- Define and track bugs for Development, and offer innovative ideas to improve product quality;
- Provide hot fixes, patches and upgrade deployment support in production and staging environments and work closely with customers to schedule and test;
- Develop knowledge base articles for both customer and internal staff to reduce troubleshooting time and drive faster issue resolution;
- Role may involve travel to customer locations;
- Interact with customers on/ off-site to troubleshoot issues, provide workarounds by leveraging your software development skills;
- Understand how the product works and how it is used by customers;
- Work practicing agile methodologies, follow best coding practices and ensure quality & timely delivery;
- Follow and contribute to defined CRM processes to manage customer requests efficiently.
- Deep understanding of customer support processes and tools. Ability to follow defined processes;
- Exposure to Windows Azure and Cloud Computing will be an added advantage;
- Flexible to work in shifts between 9 am to 10 pm IST;
- 5+ year’s previous experience in an Application Development/ Support or sustaining engineering role;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.