Security Incident Response Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Security Incident Response Analyst to join our team.
- Lead a virtual team of Incident Response participants during times of active incidents;
- Apply broad security industry, technology, business and professional knowledge to contribute to policy-making and process design;
- Conduct incident and investigations post-mortem briefings, analysis, and reporting as required;
- Research and stay current on the latest trends, best practices, and technology developments.
- The candidate must also be available 24/7 in case there is a need to conduct an investigation off-hours;
- Expert understanding of network architecture and security infrastructure placement;
- 1-3 years of demonstrated experience in Incident Response;
- 6 – 8 years of demonstrated security experience;
- Understanding of threat modeling concepts such as threat indicators, threats actors and vectors is a plus;
- Travel is at a minimum, but since this is an enterprise position, some travel is required;
- Security Designation(s): CERT-CSIH, CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIIP;
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time-management skills;
- Exposure to security standards NIST Cyber Security Framework, NIST SP800-53, COBIT, ISO27001;
- Expert understanding of operating systems (Windows, Linux, iOS/Android);
- Strong negotiation, influence, mediation & conflict management skills;
- 10 – 12 years Professional experience;
- Undergraduate Degree;
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.