Principal Technical Support Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Technical Support Engineer to join our team.
- Take the lead in managing customer escalations and be comfortable holding customer facing meetings on short notice;
- Utilize product domain expertise to serve as a trusted technical advisor to customers;
- Identify commonly asked questions and generate knowledge base articles based on this content;
- Effectively communicate customer feedback and feature requirements to Engineering and Product Management;
- Reproduce, document, and call out product defects to the Engineering team;
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and training to other Technical Support team members;
- Triage, troubleshoot, escalate, and/or provide resolution to customer support tickets;
- Work in conjunction with our Technical Account Management team to assist with customer onboarding;
- Lead projects with other Technical Support teams globally to support and operate the global technical support model.
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to work in remote environments;
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills as a go-getter with a lot of intellectual curiosity;
- Experience administering the CloudHealth platform;
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Compute, or Microsoft Azure. AWS CSAA or equivalent certifications are highly regarded;
- Proven ability to remotely troubleshoot and resolve customer software problems;
- Experienced in the definition and implementation of global or regional projects;
- Experience leading global team projects and operations;
- BS/BA in Computer Science or a related field preferred, or equivalent technical certifications and experience;
- Experienced in daily support ticket triage and prioritization with Engineering.