Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Principal Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Principal Engineer to join our team.
- Feedback client and sales functional needs to Engineering as actionable enhancement requests;
- Develop scripts which leverage the Delphix CLI;
- Update framework to achieve sustainability and maintainability;
- Improve the reliability & repeatability of automated testing;
- Support Sales efforts as a Delphix Subject Matter Expert (SME) with a Business Perspective;
- Create and enhance Training Material;
- Deliver complex (multi-month) implementations in conjunction with Customer Success and Solutions Architect group;
- Support DVT/HW team in their use of automation tools and the developed utilities;
- Improve Professional Services Offerings by integrating field observations and solutions into the methodology;
- Implement the Standard post-sales package for new Delphix clients: kickoff, architecture review, install and config, optimize, train, document;
- Generate White Papers for advanced Delphix solutions;
- Troubleshoot difficult client issues with Engineering and Support;
- Evolve automated test framework to achieve higher test throughput, increased accessibility and test execution flexibility;
- Develop solutions that improve DVT engineers’ efficiency & effectiveness in execution and troubleshooting;
- Develop and maintain DVT (Design validation and test) automation framework and infrastructure.
- 7+ years in either SQL Server or Oracle DBMS, with deep understanding of backup and recovery, log architecture, and connectivity;
- Ability to travel frequently;
- Familiarity with Confluence, Google Apps/Drive, Gmail productivity tools;
- Manage in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the online organization s software solutions are built within a consistent framework;
- Training experience;
- Serve as a technical and business-savvy resource to software engineering personnel on a range of software design issues;
- Proven enterprise software install and configuration skills;
- UNIX/LINUX or Windows Sysadmin skills (build software, troubleshoot OS errors, analyze performance bottlenecks);
- Professional Services/Consulting experience;
- Self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision in a startup environment;
- Review approves specifications to ensure consistency in approach and use;
- Project Management and Requirements Analysis;
- Manage in the decision-making process related to the selection of software architecture solutions;
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to other Engineers on the team;
- Strong English language communication skills and ability to engage with senior business and senior technical customer staff.