Lead VR Programmer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead VR Programmer to join our team.
- Implement gameplay systems in a self-organizing, interdisciplinary team;
- Write and maintain technical design and software system documentation;
- Create and iterate new VR and AR gameplay systems for interaction and content creation;
- Analyze and optimize systems as required;
- Lead a team of programmers to develop the vision and drive technical excellence of the experiences;
- Ensure the engineering team adheres to established coding standards and embraces efficient and robust engineering practices.
- A minimum of six years’ game programming experience;
- Ability to design and communicate gameplay systems to a team;
- Shipped console/PC title experience;
- Former experience in leading a team of programmers;
- Unreal Engine 4 development experience and;
- Strong C++ knowledge;
- Performance optimization skills;
- Experience with 3D game engines;
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a similar discipline (i.e. Physics, Math, EE, etc.);
- VR and/or AR experience as a developer or user;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Experience working on multiplayer games in general, ideally on a MMO are a huge plus;
- Experience in client / server architecture as well as implementing multiplayer gameplay.