Data Migration Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Data Migration Engineer to join our team.
- Participate in brainstorming discussion to build better solutions for the customer;
- Responsible for fixing issues raised because of Migrations;
- Define migration mapping and migration staging structure;
- Manage the migration activities for multiple projects within the stipulated deadlines;
- Participate in peer reviews of code and suggest coding best practices.
- Thorough knowledge on ETL framework and should have worked with on ETL for atleast 2 years;
- Proficient with SQL and fundamental relational database concepts;
- Good understanding of tools used for Version control systems and continuous integration tools;
- Having worked on Pentaho would be a plus;
- Having experience in Enterprise Application troubleshooting would be an added advantage;
- Should have worked on migrating application data from one application to the other for atleast 2 years;
- Ruby Programming Skills would be a good to have skill in the candidate;
- Experience in designing and migrating workloads to an AWS Cloud environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate with PMs to gather requirements and provide demos on the built functionality.