Cloud Platform Engineer / Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Cloud Platform Engineer / Architect to join our team.
- Work as SME in AWS Cloud platform and designing automation to solutions provision and govern access management in cloud;
- Technically savvy, self-motivated, quick learner;
- Participating in Proof of Concept on new technology initiatives;
- Work as SME in AWS Cloud platform and designing solutions on configuration management and platform automation in cloud;
- Building platform integrating different Big data technologies and AWS cloud services;
- Drive design reviews, code reviews and apply database design concept to model relational and non-relational data stores;
- Implement technical controls for cloud security and compliance.
- Minimum 5 years of strong development and implementation experience across infrastructure and platform solutions in cloud;
- Good to have knowledge on platform configuration tools like Cloud Formation, AWS Systems Manager, Service Catalog, auto scaling etc;
- Expertise in platform configuration management methodologies and tools – driving change automation using CHEF, Terraform and/or AWS OpsWorks;
- Master’s degree, or foreign degree equivalent, in STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) with 4 years of related experience;
- Minimum 4 years of experience in developing building, managing, and versioning infrastructure as a code solutions;
- Experience with DevOps tools like Jenkins, GitHub, Maven etc;
- Hands-on coding experience in most of the above mentioned technologies is required;
- Programming knowledge and experience in Python is mandatory;
- Experience on platform security and auditing processes is added advantage;
- Proficiency in data analytics models & designs and ability to work with data engineers on the data ingestion and modeling required in the product;
- Working experience required in setting up infrastructure services in the cloud like EC2, Fargate, VPC, API Gateway, ELB, docker etc.