Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
Application Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Application Engineer to join our team.
- Create database schemas that represent and support business processes;
- Managing user authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments;
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications;
- Have the drive to learn and grow with the company and a desire to meet company vision and goals;
- Apply and adhere to changing product scope and adapt product quickly utilizing best practices;
- Implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests (Mocha, Karma);
- Managing and overseeing project requirements and propose performant solutions.
- Understanding fundamental design principles behind a scalable application;
- Hands on experience with frameworks like ExpressJS, StrongLoop, Koa, etc;
- Understanding of the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds;
- Nice to have: Typescript, elasticsearch, graphql, server side deployment using any cloud AWS, GCP, and understanding of CI/CD;
- Strong knowledge of NodeJS and best practices to implement highly scalable applications;
- Strong knowledge of Logical/Data structures;
- Knowledge of build tools, like Webpack, Gulp, etc;
- A technology-related bachelor’s degree or equivalent training with 1-3 years of related experience;
- Knowledge of software programming tools or soldering and rework tools;
- Basic customer interface skills, technical documentation authoring and editing skills;
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills;
- Strong knowledge of engineering fundamentals and methodologies;
- Applications engineering or test and measurement (time and frequency domain) experience is a plus.