Tax Manager is responsible for managing the tax accounting staff and the tax planning, reporting, and compliance functions. Oversees the preparation of all tax filings and reporting in compliance with all required regulations. Being a Tax Manager evaluates the tax implications of company activities and develops strategies to minimize the tax obligations. Advises management on future changes to tax regulations and possible impact to the organization. Additionally, Tax Manager may manage and direct relationships with vendors and advisors. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Typically reports to Tax Director or Top Tax Executive. The Tax Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. To be a Tax Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments.
Tax Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Tax Manager to join our team.
- Manage Indirect taxes more specifically Goods & Services Tax (GST);
- Tax advice;
- Manage GST compliance – tax payments and monthly/yearly return filings;
- Manage reporting and tax assessments.
- Working with people;
- Additional aspects: Knowledge and understanding of financial systems Accounting and reporting skills;
- Relating and networking;
- Bachelor in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance and/or Tax Law or equivalent;
- Education: Preferably a Chartered Accountant;
- Financial Analysis skills;
- Very good/sound knowledge of SAP and excel;
- Adapting & Responding to Change;
- Financial Model knowledge.