Supply Chain Manager oversees and manages overall supply chain and logistics operations to maximize efficiency and minimize cost of organization’s supply chain. Collaborate with multiple-functional managers to plan and execute on the development of a distribution center operational process to enable seamless transfers. Being a Supply Chain Manager manages and monitors vendor’s qualification and performance to ensure they meet company’s requirements. Typically requires a bachelor’s degree. Additionally, Supply Chain Manager typically reports to a senior manager. The Supply Chain Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. To be a Supply Chain Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 to 3 years supervisory experience may be required.
Supply Chain Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team.
- Should be willing to multitask and should be able to handle work pressure;
- Will ensure the import check list is filed as per import invoice;
- Responsible for Duty Free custom clearance of product and spares with support of customs brokers;
- Knowledge and Experience in IT equipment imports is a must;
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers;
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws;
- Design or implement plant warehousing strategies for production materials or finished products;
- Develop regional OEM and New Product Development supply base to achieve cost, quality, and service levels;
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders;
- Appraise vendor manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements;
- Responsible for completing negotiation for price, terms and services provided by OEM/3rd party and New Product Development suppliers;
- Work closely with Marketing to manage OEM/3rd party projects and procurement support to New Product Development;
- Supporting project execution in resolving supplier related operational sourcing challenges;
- Assess appropriate material handling equipment needs and staffing levels to load, unload, move, or store materials;
- Securing battery-business specific processes for stock-holding and inventory management.
- Understanding of accounting or finance;
- Ability to manage logistics of all aspects of supply chain, from product development to the shipment of finished items;
- Strong communication skills and the desire to build lasting relationships with people all over the world;
- Must be able to comprehend legal documents;
- Bachelors degree in Business Management, Supply Chain Management, or related field;
- May require experience in a related field.